Specification & Packaging Technologist, Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Competitive/negotiable
- Status: Temporary Role
Reporting to the Group Technical manager, we are recruiting on a temporary basis a Specification & Packaging Technologist.
- Responsibility for the technical sign off for packaging, involving checking artwork against specifications through several stages.
- Write and maintain specifications generating the recipe information, ingredients declaration, nutritional and allergens information with all relevant legislation.
- Coordinate all information for new product specifications and transferring data into specific factory and customer requirements.
- Maintain product quality, safety, composition and labelling.
- Assess and trial packaging samples within factory environment for compatibility.
- Liaise with Packaging providers to ensure product compliance and specification database is maintained.
- To assist the technical team as required during customer visits and audits.
- A food related degree ideally or equivalent qualification
- Experience of the online retailer specification systems preferred
- Previous experience of conducting packaging trials and assessments
- Strong communication skills for dealing with suppliers and customers
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of the food manufacturing industry
The ideal candidate will be:
Competent using Microsoft office and retailer approval systems.
Have previous experience working in a similar role.
A good team player.